Mantorville Opera House
- 5 5th Street W
After a devastating fire that wiped away parts of the central downtown area, this building was built in 1918, as a center of theater and arts for the community, including a bar area. Traveling shows came to town on road tours, offering many types of entertainment. The building also served as a club, an illegal bar or speak-easy in the 1920s, a silent movie house, a roller rink, city hall, and as a civic center. It once again became The Mantorville Opera House Theatre in the 1970s, and has been producing plays of all kinds ever since. In the 1980s, the old stone building was restored, making it both beautiful, and an up-to-date theatre.